Saturday 12 January 2013

Shaving Cream Painting

I'm not sure where I first saw this but I haven been wanting to do this for a while. I'm kinda a crazy coupon lady and I have stockpiled over 45 cans of shaving cream. It was making me money so I kept buying it now I have lots of it in my basement. So when I saw this idea I awhile ago I kept in the back on my mind.



Here is what you will need to make a lovely shaving cream painting.

Foamy shaving cream (I used Gillette Lemon Lime but I'm not sure I would again as my kids kept trying to eat it because it smelled so good.)

Old paint bush.

Food Coloring

Baking tray.

Spatula.

Cardstock paper.

To start I covered my whole table in newspaper because this was going to get messy. Then I laid out a baking tray.

After that I covered it in shaving cream.

Then I took at spatula and smoothed it all out.

After I had it all smooth I let the kids pick 2 or 3 colors of food coloring to add, any more it would get pretty brown looking.

After that grab your paint brush make sure you turn it so you are using the bottom of the brush not the brush end.

Now it time of the fun start to swirl the food coloring in to the shaving cream.

Keep swirling until you getting looking the way you want it to.

Next you take your card stock and place it over the shaving cream and push it down.



Pull the paper off the shaving cream and set it aside.


Grab your spatula again and begin to scrap the shaving cream off.



Let it dry for awhile and you are done now you have some pretty paper to hang up or use the paper to make something new.








No comments:

Post a Comment